Thursday, April 03, 2003
AusChron features Bebop
- This week's (4/3) Austin Chronicle has a 2/3 page feature on Cowboy Bebop in general, a review of the film (3 stars, with the expected "pretty animation, but too slow in places"), and a full page colour ad for the film.
- Seattle's The Stranger weighs in with a stinging thumbs-down. It takes balls to use the phrase "piece of shit" in a published film review, folks!
E K 12:26 PM
Wednesday, April 02, 2003
- Another trailer is available at Moviefone, complete with "IN A WORLD" narration and random techno music not on the soundtrack.
E K 10:31 AM
KoHD Gets Praise from Boston Globe
- The article has been archived and can no longer be linked, but if you visit Boston.com/globe and search for "bebop", it's the first item that comes up.
- Also, a short and somewhat pretentious review is up at the Village Voice's site: http://www.villagevoice.com/issues/0314/tracking.php
- Edit: The Onion A.V. Club doesn't care much for the movie.
E K 9:29 AM
Tuesday, April 01, 2003
- Please disregard the rumour about the Melbourne, FL showing. That was a misunderstanding on my part. Sorry.
- The Daily Texan has a glowing review of the Bebop movie online: 'Cowboy' Rides To Brilliance
I wonder how the movie will be received by people who dislike animation...
E K 9:02 AM
Monday, March 31, 2003
- An interesting L.A. Times article on the Bebop movie can be read here. (hat tip: ANN)
- Remember, Trigun begins airing on Cartoon Network tonight!
E K 9:28 AM
Friday, March 28, 2003
More Movie Announcements
Correction: the movie is opening in Baxter, KY on May 18. (Thanks to elkie for the correction!)
Also, the movie may be opening in Melbourne, FL. Date unknown.
E K 10:09 AM
Wednesday, March 26, 2003
Thanks so much to all who have sent in gift art. Since the site has gone static, though, I am no longer updating the guest art section. I do save all the artwork sent in on my hard drive, though :-)
E K 4:42 PM
Tuesday, March 25, 2003
Session XX translations
Board member Jetto-san has been translating the sections of Session XX. You can read them here: http://www.bebopboard.com/bebopboard/viewtopic.php?t=456
Thank you, Jetto-san!
E K 12:09 PM
Monday, March 24, 2003
Best quote ever.
From a non-work-safe site: "I imagine everyone knows Cowboy Bebop by now, but if you don't, it's a story of interplanetary bounty hunters who single handedly turn all the cynical ex-anime fans into mouth-breathing fanboys and fangirls once again. Cowboy Bebop is pretty much the pinnacle of anime, the culmination of fifty years of stupid boxy robot shit and wacky love comedies that last for seven million episodes and yet the two hopelessly retarded-for-each-other protagonists NEVER FUCKING GET TOGETHER, and if all the anime studios just decided to shut down tomorrow and stop producing stupid boxy robot shit and wacky love comedies that last for seven million episodes and yet the two hopelessly retarded-for-each-other protagonists NEVER FUCKING GET TOGETHER, everyone would say 'Well, shit, at least we got Cowboy Bebop out of the deal.'"
E K 11:06 PM
Friday, March 21, 2003
Two Jazz radio DJs discuss the Cowboy Bebop soundtracks.
"...Rev makes the link: "This stuff would be a great movie soundtrack. It's written to provide pauses and punctuations you'd find in a movie. It's explicit in the fact that you want to hear it.
Interestingly enough, one of the bigger revelations to non-jazz fans might be that Cowboy Bebop has little to do with the bebop musical style - in fact, there's no bebop in the first soundtrack at all. So what's Bebop?..."
(hat tip: LinusMines)
E K 9:06 AM
Thursday, March 20, 2003
News via JazzMess.com: A trailer for the Bebop movie can be found on the VHS version of Half Past Dead.
(hat tip: Fata Morgana)
E K 10:16 AM
"The following theaters have been listed on the official site as getting the film:
Austin, TX: Landmark's Dobie Theater
Berkeley, CA: Landmark's Shattuck Cinemas
Cambridge, MA: Loews Harvard Square 5
Chicago, IL: Music Box Theater
Dallas, TX: City Cinemas Angelika Dallas
Irvine, CA: Regal-Edwards University 6
Los Angeles, CA: Landmark's Nuart Theater
Minneapolis, MN: Landmark's Uptown
New York, NY: City Cinemas Angelika Film Center, Loews E-Walk Theater
Portland, OR ( 4/18 ): Regal-Edwards Fox 10
Royal Oak, MI: Landmark's Main Art Theater
San Diego, CA: Landmark's Ken Cinema
San Fransico, CA: Landmark's Opera Plaza #3
San Jose, CA: Towne Theater
Seattle, WA: Landmark's Varsity Theater
St. Louis, MO: Landmark's Tivoli Theater
Washington, DC: Loews Dupont Circle
At this point, it's not known whether or not the movie will expand to other theaters/cities."
(hat tip: DigitalSin)
Apparently, the movie is also opening at Baxter in Louisville, KY on April 18th.
(hat tip: elkie)
E K 9:41 AM
Wednesday, March 19, 2003
Wolf's Rain stuff
- Japan Victor has some RealAudio samples from Wolf's Rain OST 1 (release date March 29)
- I've been trying to do some Wolf's Rain fanart... it's turning out pretty awkwardly so far. I don't really have a feel for the characters yet.
E K 11:30 AM
Thursday, March 13, 2003
"Definitley" a mistake
SoulKool's promo team needs to hire a proofreader. >_<
E K 11:00 AM
Monday, March 10, 2003
I've got a pinup of Faye for auction to help defray hosting costs.
From AnimeonDVD: "[Rumor] Cowboy Bebop Movie Street Date (09:45 AM EST): According to a post in the retail forum from reader StarCreator, they noticed that Suncoast's reservation sheet lists the Bebop movie with a 6/24/2003 street date and retailing for $39.99. This matches the original theatrical release to home video release timeframe of CTS's release of Metropolis, so this is pretty likely. But until we hear it all over the place, I'd consider it a rumor."
E K 8:55 AM
Wednesday, March 05, 2003
Some Cities Bumped from Premiere List
Sony Pictures has updated the theatre listings on the official movie site, and Houston and Gainsville are no longer on the list.
Fans in Texas can still catch the movie at the Dobie Theatre in Austin, and at the Angelika in Dallas.
(I'm not sure where Gainsville is, otherwise I'd mention the nearest alternative showing. Gainesville in FL is spelled with an "e", so it's not there...)
E K 9:46 AM
Friday, February 28, 2003
BGM: Destroyer - Hey Snow White
- Goodness! Not only is The Bebop Board up and running again, but the The Official Bebop Movie Site now has content and theatre listings, AND a trailer! Woo!
(Hat tip to EWPTIV)
- Also, the first Wolf's Rain DVD goes on sale in Japan (Region 2 only) May 23, 2003.
(Hat tip to ASARI)
- Forgot to mention it earlier, but The Conte Bros. had a song featured during a recent episode of Smallville.
E K 1:49 PM
Thursday, February 27, 2003
Watch this space for the return of the Bebop Board!
E K 1:22 PM
Monday, February 24, 2003
According to Jupe, the Bebop Board is under reconstruction and will reopen under its own domain. The Board will rely on paypal donations and ads to stay open.
E K 3:59 PM
Friday, February 21, 2003
The official Sony Pictures website for the Bebop movie is up at last, albeit without content.
Also, SoulKool is looking for fans to help promote the movie in select cities.
Go get 'em, cowboys!
E K 5:46 PM
Thursday, February 20, 2003
Today I will be compacting the Bebop site, archiving a lot of material, and getting rid of some older stuff after I back it up to disk.
I'm just getting tired of it. :/ Like I said before, I plan on running this fansite until it's not fun anymore... and the fun factor is pretty much gone.
E K 9:19 AM
Thursday, February 13, 2003
Some folks have made a live-action Bebop fan film. You can see it here.
(I haven't watched it yet; the idea of live-action Bebop leaves me cold :/ )
Also, Cartoon Network will not be broadcasting Episode 19 this go-round, due to the risk of offending the easily offended.
E K 9:04 AM